EplerWood International is one of the only companies in sustainable tourism using research and development from world renowned universities. Hundreds of graduate students and leading faculty from Harvard and Cornell Universities have reviewed key research questions in the field of sustainable tourism at both universities since 2010.
Megan Epler Wood speaks with both in-depth knowledge and a profound understanding of how destinations evolve.
EplerWood International now offers a powerful opportunity to work with Megan Epler Wood as both a speaker and analyst. Her goal is to put destinations on a science-based footing to manage vital global resources using GIS mapping systems.
EplerWood International offers the following services to destination clients:
- Keynote speech in major venue
- Pre-meetings with client on destination needs, and review of advance materials
- Meetings with key stakeholders on site
- Executive Summary of the results of the meetings and speech
- Wonderful Copenhagen (2018) Speech for annual conference and consultations with key stakeholders to review holistic accounting methodologies for tourism in Copenhagen.
- Scottish Enterprise (2019) Speech for annual ETAG Conference, meetings with key stakeholders, workshop with business representatives, review of future planning initiatives, overview report.
- Banff Lake Louise Hospitality Association (2019) Speech at Banff Centre; meetings with town management team, Mayor, and DMO team; review of park management for tourism; overview report.
- Swedish National Trust (2019) Speech for annual conference, meetings with key stakeholders, review of future planning initiatives, overview report.
- Yukon Tourism Industry Association (TIA) (2019-2020) Speeches for annual conference and mid-year consultation process, meetings with key stakeholders, review of future planning initiatives, overview report.
- British Columbia Tourism Industry Association (TIA) (2020) Keynote speech on Meeting the Challenge of Achieving Sustainable Destinations at annual conference of industry and destination leaders, online pre-meetings and survey on destination management requirements with destination leaders in British Columbia, and final executive summary report for TIA leadership and stakeholders.
- Whistler Institute (2021), Speech on Tourism: Building Back Better- a global conversation. Hear this enlightening virtual presentation and conversation which covers the devastating impact of COVID-19 on the tourism industry and how tourism can recover- facilitated by the Mayor of Whistler, British Colombia.
- Cyprus Sustainable Tourism Initiative (2021) Speech for Virtual Event, In Crisis there is an Opportunity-Sustainable Future. The event explored government policies and holistic accounting with a panel composed of leaders in tourism in Europe, North America, and Cyprus.
- World Economic Forum, Global Future Council on Sustainable Tourism (2021), Meetings with chairpersons and virtual presentation on Sustainable Tourism in a Post-COVID World; Transformative Concepts for Destination Recovery.
- ThriveAsheville (2021), Government, university and sustainability leadership in Asheville, North Carolina have set out to ensure Asheville’s identify as a premiere tourist destination is “a community asset that can be managed with community input.” The Ideas for Action Leadership Forum had EWI co-managing advance stakeholder meetings, a virtual keynote address, and a follow up briefing and Q&A with local leaders with ThriveAsheville.
- Block Island Tourism Council (2021) EWI is leading two one-hour virtual discussions and a keynote address with business and sustainability leaders on Block Island; a tourism-driven, conservation-focused destination in Rhode Island; to determine how to better design and manage the tourism economy and maintain the island’s unique environment, culture and heritage, while offering tourists rewarding overnight and day trip visits.